Before talking about the pros and cons of cryptocurrency, it is crucial to know what exactly cryptocurrency is. Cryptocurrency is a digital form of currency that operates irrespective and independent of any central bank or authority. This kind of digital money uses encryption techniques to perform the operations done on regular currency. This decentralized currency is a way to store and invest personal wealth that is almost impossible to confiscate and restrict. Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency to come out. Since then cryptocurrency has created this hype among the masses which have engulfed more and more people to accept it and start investing in it. To learn how to invest and begin trading open your trading account get the best trading advises and tools from the experienced and reliable one.
With cryptocurrency growing in popularity and usage across the world, many are asking themselves whether or not they should invest in Bitcoin or a similar altcoin. The following list of pros and cons aims to shed some light on this ever-emerging digital space.
- Easy access– Cryptocurrency is unregulated and decentralized, giving access to the whole world. All it takes is a computer, few thousand dollars and a good internet connection. With the modernization of countries, it is very easy for everyone to start trading and investing in cryptocurrency or forex market. It is more readily available than the fiat money.
- Lower transaction fees– Transferring money by using any other online forum or bank gateway is expensive as they levy considerable fees for the transaction. But it is not the case with cryptocurrency as the costs are nil or negligible since the miners are paid through the network. Sending and receiving payment in cryptocurrency is much more affordable than real currency.
- Identity theft– One of the major advantages of a cryptocurrency is that it keeps your personal information safe and secure from hackers. Users of digital currency are in control of their transaction as it is a decentralized system. So transactions are made independent of any third party. This protects users from any identity theft.
- Lack of knowledge– Since cryptocurrency is totally driven by technology, not everyone is comfortable using it or has an idea of how to use it. Due to the lack of knowledge in cryptocurrency, there is a great level of scepticism and doubt in everyone’s mind about it.
- Uncertainty– Just like any other new technology, cryptocurrency is highly uncertain. The market is very volatile and this stops people from investing in them. Along with this, since it is a decentralized currency and no banks or government has control over it, people are not able to gain its trust.
- Cannot be recovered if lost– Unlike banks that have you covered in case of a security issue like a hacking or stolen credit card, Bitcoins are not retrievable if they’re lost. There are currently no mechanisms to recover lost Bitcoins. According to several people, the best way to store Bitcoins is on a drive that is not connected to the internet. This is because they are encrypted for security purposes. The encryption identifies the currency, but not the owner. Whoever has the codes owns the currency and this anonymity feature means stolen coins are lost.
Cryptocurrency is an innovative and growing concept which shouldn’t be judged merely on few drawbacks. With the rapid growth, it is pertinent that this will surely bring a dynamic change in the way of trading.